FYI: The High-Heel-a-thon
September 21, 2010 -- This morning, dashing divas from all over the country are in New York City's Central Park getting set to compete in a 150-yard stiletto sprint.
It is the second annual "Regis and Kelly" High Heel-a-thon. Karen Rogers has an FYI for you on how Kelly Ripa got ready for the big race.
Every morning, with 30 seconds to air, Kelly Ripa races with Regis Philbin to the studio. In 6 inch sandals, she jumps up to greet guests, rushes to hug an old friend from Philadelphia, and mingles with the audience during commercial breaks.
We've been behind the set here on Regis and Kelly watching Kelly run around in these major high heels so that's gotta give her a leg up on the competition.
" Running in the studio gave me the thought," Ripa said, "I had the hubris to believe, I thought I can win this because I run around the studio."
In the first heel-a-thon, Kelly led the pack of pump-wearing participants. But, with a thunder of clicking heels, she was quickly left in the dust. This year, she's determined to step all over her competition.
In a race that requires just 3 inch spikes, her first order of business is a smarter pair of shoes. She's also working on technique.
"You just want to stretch out the ball of your feet as much as possible and then we'll just go for a little mile jog ," Ripa says.
"Live with Regis and Kelly" is making a $50,000 donation to the campaign.
philadelphia, fashion, regis philbin, kelly ripa, new york city, fyi philly
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in New Jersey Turnpike chase 5 min ago
- NJ community joins forces to help 'storage locker' mom
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list