FYI: The Jeans Whisperer
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - October 20, 2010 (WPVI) -- There's nothing better than a perfect fitting pair of blue jeans and nothing worse than shopping for them. You can spend all day and still find nothing you like. But there's a man who's helping to take the mystery out of the process... a man they're calling "The Jeans Whisperer."
The only thing that's as bad as buying jeans is buying a bathing suit.
That's where Sebastian McCall, owner of Charlie's Jeans comes in. With more than 30 brands of jeans in his Old City store, he can pinpoint which one will make you look and feel your best.
"It was unbelievable. I walked in... sort of turned around once, and they said, 'Well, we think these jeans are going to look good on you.' And I tried them on and I looked in the mirror and I thought that's amazing!" said customer Joan Ryan of West Philadelphia.
"It's not just about them just being happy in the store. It's about them breaking that jean in," adds McCall. "Every time they jump in that jean they really like their jean. Jeans make people feel good. "
McCall is so fanatical about fit, he just launched his own line of women's jeans.
"I want the pockets on everyone's butt. I want it to close in on the waist on everyone and I wanted the fabric to be a fabric that wouldn't stretch out right away," McCall told FYI.
His art form of fitting the perfect pair of jeans has gotten such a following in Philadelphia that he's opened a second location in Rittenhouse Square. That was on September 1st. Then, he's going to launch a new men's line on December 1st.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, fashion, fyi philly, adam joseph
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 7 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 23 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
7 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
23 min ago