FYI: The Jeans Whisperer
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - October 20, 2010 (WPVI) -- There's nothing better than a perfect fitting pair of blue jeans and nothing worse than shopping for them. You can spend all day and still find nothing you like. But there's a man who's helping to take the mystery out of the process... a man they're calling "The Jeans Whisperer."
The only thing that's as bad as buying jeans is buying a bathing suit.
That's where Sebastian McCall, owner of Charlie's Jeans comes in. With more than 30 brands of jeans in his Old City store, he can pinpoint which one will make you look and feel your best.
"It was unbelievable. I walked in... sort of turned around once, and they said, 'Well, we think these jeans are going to look good on you.' And I tried them on and I looked in the mirror and I thought that's amazing!" said customer Joan Ryan of West Philadelphia.
"It's not just about them just being happy in the store. It's about them breaking that jean in," adds McCall. "Every time they jump in that jean they really like their jean. Jeans make people feel good. "
McCall is so fanatical about fit, he just launched his own line of women's jeans.
"I want the pockets on everyone's butt. I want it to close in on the waist on everyone and I wanted the fabric to be a fabric that wouldn't stretch out right away," McCall told FYI.
His art form of fitting the perfect pair of jeans has gotten such a following in Philadelphia that he's opened a second location in Rittenhouse Square. That was on September 1st. Then, he's going to launch a new men's line on December 1st.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, fashion, fyi philly, adam joseph
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll 20 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 6 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Residents forced to vacate East Oak Lane condo
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
6 min ago