Cars roll in for Philly on Wheels
PENNSYLVANIA CONVENTION CENTER - January 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- They're getting all revved up for the 2011 Philadelphia Auto Show.
Mayor Michael Nutter, (D) Philadelphia, hopped into a brand new Toyota Prius hybrid, which was so quiet it barely revved at all.
He drove the ceremonial first vehicle into the Pennsylvania Convention Center to officially kick off the show.
He was joined by the Phillie Phanatic, the Eagles' mascot Swoop and other local mascots.
The Philadelphia Auto Show opens to the public this weekend.
For up-close access to all the rides, tune in the FYI Philly special broadcast "Philly on Wheels" this Saturday at 7 p.m. on 6abc.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, food, philadelphia museum of art, stephen starr, fyi philly
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ