Cars roll in for Philly on Wheels
PENNSYLVANIA CONVENTION CENTER - January 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- They're getting all revved up for the 2011 Philadelphia Auto Show.
Mayor Michael Nutter, (D) Philadelphia, hopped into a brand new Toyota Prius hybrid, which was so quiet it barely revved at all.
He drove the ceremonial first vehicle into the Pennsylvania Convention Center to officially kick off the show.
He was joined by the Phillie Phanatic, the Eagles' mascot Swoop and other local mascots.
The Philadelphia Auto Show opens to the public this weekend.
For up-close access to all the rides, tune in the FYI Philly special broadcast "Philly on Wheels" this Saturday at 7 p.m. on 6abc.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, food, philadelphia museum of art, stephen starr, fyi philly
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 36 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ