FYI Philly: Holiday Fun Guide Edition featuring Adam Joseph's Apple Pie and Karen's Cinnamon & Walnut Thumbprint Cookies
Tis the Season on FYI Philly. Click for Adam and Karen's favorite recipes and more!
Adam and Karen go to work in the kitchen with two special holiday recipes.
RELATED: 2011 Holiday Gift Guide
Adam 's Apple Delight
In a large bowl, mix:
6-8 Apples, cored, peeled and sliced
2TSP Nutmeg or grate half of a whole nutmeg kernel
Zest of 1 Lemon
Juice of 1 Lemon
Juice of ½ Orange
For Batter, mix:
¾ cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
Bake at 375-degrees for at least 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
Karen's Cinnamon & Walnut Thumbprint Cookies
2 Tablespoon water
5 teaspoon granulated sugar replacement (your choice splenda, truvia etc.)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Beat eggs and water until light and fluffy. Beat in sugar replacement and cinnamon. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in sifter; sift half of the dry ingredients over egg mixture. Fold to completely blend. Repeat with remaining dry ingredients. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets, 2 to 3 inches (7 cm) apart. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 C) for 10 to 12 minutes.
**These cookies have great flavor but were awfully dry when made following this recipe. So, if you're not calorie counting, I recommend adding some butter or vegetable oil to the recipe. Or, you can just dunk in milk like my daughter!
THINGS TO DO
1001 Longwood Road
Kennett Square, PA 19348
Please Touch Museum
Memorial Hall, Fairmount Park
4231 Avenue of the Republic (formerly North Concourse Drive)
Philadelphia, PA 19131
1 Riverside Drive
Camden, NJ 08103
The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
260 S. Broad Street/Avenue of the Arts
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Philadelphia Boys Choir and Chorale
100 South Broad Street, Suite 620
Philadelphia, PA 19110
Walnut Street Theatre's Production of A Christmas Carol
825 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
7 FISHES DINNER
111 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
CHESTNUT HILL / STAG AND DOE SHOPPING NIGHTS
Stag & Doe Nights
Wednesdays December 7,14,21
6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Chestnut Hill will truly shine on our special Wednesdays nights in December as our one-of-a-kind shops open their doors and welcome you with wonderful gift ideas, refreshments and personalized, friendly service. Stroll the Avenue and savor the beauty of the holiday season in Chestnut Hill where white lights twinkle in the trees, carolers sing on the street, fresh pine boughs decorate the shops and the crisp winter air reminds you of what the holiday season should be. So, this year, leave the stress of impersonal mall shopping behind and treat yourself to the magic of Christmas in Chestnut Hill.
You can sign up for daily deals at local boutiques and restaurants at this website and 10% of your purchase price will go to a local charity!
Best Gift Ideas from Philly Mag.
Salted Caramel Budinos
order online at www.weheartphilly.com
1616 Walnut st., Phila.
Love ‘n Fresh Flowers
fyi philly, adam joseph
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing 4 min ago
- Shower In Spots 2 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 6 min ago
- Toddler falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze 8 min ago
- Witnesses: Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
6 min ago
- Toddler falls from 2-story window in Point...
8 min ago
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make...
4 min ago
- Shower In Spots
2 min ago