FYI Philly: Airport's Terminal F now stands for "Fun"
PHILADELPHIA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - November 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- The holiday travel season is almost upon us and if you're plans include air travel, here's an FYI for you on a huge expansion at Philly International that will have you waiting for your flight in style.
The all-new Terminal F features 20 places to eat and shop, and it even has a spa.
The food court focuses on local favorites like Philly Pretzel Factory, Tony Luke's and Le Bus Bakery. "In my humble opinion, it will rival any food court in any airport," says Jim Tyrell, Deputy Director of Aviation for Property Management & Business Development.
Sot w/ Mel Hannah/VP and GM, Marketplace Philadelphia Mgmt. FYI Fall Features Airport Expansion Clip 4181 @ 10:38:35 R:10 A: it's like a dining room in here M: that's what we were trying to shoot for, to make sure that during the down time, while you're waiting for your flight, you had you know some great options to choose from but also to be able to relax and enjoy the environment
In the mood for finer dining? Local Tavern is by Philly's own Iron Chef, Jose Garces. It comes complete with a Philly flair.
"All around in the back and along the walls, you have the signatures of the Declaration of Independence," says Sean Aziz. Each seat has its own iPad; It's the first use of iPad technology by the Philly International Airport!
"It tracks your flight in real time so you can sit, enjoy a great glass of wine, a great meal and be alerted when your flight is ready to board," Aziz added.
You can also use the iPad to check your email and surf the web. The iPad also takes your order and shoots it to the chefs in the kitchen.
"Our servers are focused entirely on hospitality," says Aziz. "So if you're sitting here, our servers can recommend a great wine pairing. If you want a neck pillow for your flight, they can run and go buy you a neck pillow."
When Terminal F opened in 2001, there were just 5 stores. Now there are four times that many. As we head into the busy holiday travel season, 25,000 to 28,000 people a day will be going through Philly International on US Airways alone.
philadelphia international airport, philadelphia news, pennsylvania news, air travel, shopping, fyi philly
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 30 min ago
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 52 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 22 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 49 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 13 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
30 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
22 min ago