Tracking Weekend Storm
December 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- A bitter blast of cold air moved into the region today with a high in Philadelphia of 30. The last time we had a high that cold was back in February.
BLACK ICE THIS MORNING: Another round of black ice is possible on sidewalks, driveways and streets that have not been treated.
TONIGHT: It's mainly clear and very cold, with a low of 18 in Philadelphia and the low teens in colder suburbs.
FRIDAY: Sun gives way to some clouds. It's still very cold. Morning start-up temperatures are in the 12-18 degree range. The frigid high is near 33.
SATURDAY: We are concerned about a winter storm that looks to develop off the coast, giving us some snow and ice before a change to rain. This precipitation will start as snow, perhaps as early as 9-11a.m., according the latest model suggestions. The snow will mix with ice and then change to rain. In far South Jersey, the change will come quickly, with only a very small accumulation of snow and/or ice. In the I-95 corridor, the change from snow to rain will occur a little later in the afternoon after a moderate accumulation (perhaps 1-3"+, according to the latest projections). In the northern and western suburbs, the snow and ice may continue into the night with only a brief change to rain at the tail end of the storm late at night. Accumulations of snow and ice would be higher there, perhaps in the 3-6" range or higher. Again, these are all very preliminary estimates and changes to this forecast (including accumulation amounts) are certainly possible. The high is around 34.
SUNDAY: Clouds will break for some sun. It now looks like the Saturday storm's precipitation ends late Saturday night or in the wee hours of Sunday morning, so that it's dry when you wake up. The high: 38.
MONDAY: It's partly sunny, brisk and cold. The high: 32.
TUESDAY: Sun mixes with clouds. It's not quite as cold. The high: 39.
WEDNESDAY: Clouds will mix with some sun. The high: 38.
THURSDAY: It's partly sunny, and we see a milder high of 39.
severe weather, accuweather forecast, melissa magee
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm 48 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 18 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft 28 min ago
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery 10 min ago
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 56 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 42 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos