December 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- After reaching the low 60s in the pre dawn hours, temperatures steadily dropped into the 40s by the afternoon behind a cold front that has been bringing periods of rain across our region. The bigger event, with some snow and ice, comes late in the weekend
TONIGHT: A night of rain is ahead with drying out not occurring til the wee hours of the morning---just before dawn. After midnight areas in the far nw suburbs (Lehigh Valley) could transition to a period of wet snow with a grassy coating expected up there. A WINTER WEATHER WEATHER ADVISORY is posted for the Poconos, where 1-2" of wet snow could accumulate. The low: 32-38.
SATURDAY: Sunshine returns with a chilly breeze. The high is only 43.
SUNDAY: It's mainly cloudy and much colder. The high is only 35. Acumulation will occur before the wintry mix changes to rain Sunday night. A coating to 1" of snow is possible along the I-95 corridor, including Philadelphia and the nearby suburbs, northern and central Delaware and interior South Jersey. In areas farther north (upper Montgomery, northern Bucks, northern Chester, the Lehigh Valley and Berks County), 1-2" is possible. Most if not all of this will be washed away quickly once we see the change to rain.
MONDAY: Clouds and rain linger, but it don't be as cold as the weekend. The high: 49.
TUESDAY: At this point, we're slowing the departure of the Monday system and there could still be some rain or a bit of wet snow in the morning. It's rather cloudy and windy, otherwise with a high of 37.
WEDNESDAY: A shot of arctic air roars into the region. We see the return of bright sunshine, but the high is only 32.
THURSDAY: The core of the cold air moves in. It's partly sunny and frigid with a high around 30.
FRIDAY: A mixture of clouds and sunshine. High: 36.
severe weather, accuweather forecast, cecily tynan
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish