Snow walloping Philadelphia area
December 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- The National Winter Service has issued a WINTER STORM WARNING until midnight for the heart of the Delaware Valley: from Chester and New Castle County, through Philadelphia all the way east to Ocean County, New Jersey. This is the region where 6-10" of snow is expected to fall before a change to rain overnight.
TONIGHT: Stay off the roads, if you can. It is a mess! Tonight, heavy snow will gradually change over to first sleet, then freezing ran and eventually cold rain in the overnight hours. Expect an extended period of ice (freeaing rain and sleet) over today's snow, so the roads are going to get worse in the evening hours. Lows 30-33.
MONDAY: The rain tapers off. It'll be cloudy and not as cold. High: 46
TUESDAY: Mostly cloudy, breezy and cold. We have another chance for a bit of snow or snow showers. High 37.
WEDNESDAY: Mostly sunny, very cold! High 32.
THURSDAY: Mostly sunny, even colder! High 30.
FRIDAY: Sun and clouds, still cold. High 36.
SATURDAY: Mostly cloudy. High 42.
Sunday: Mostly cloudy. High: 38.
severe weather, accuweather forecast, cecily tynan
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos