December 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- After reaching the low 60s in the pre dawn hours, temperatures steadily dropped into the 40s Friday afternoon behind a cold front that brought periods of rain across our region. The bigger event, with some snow and ice, arrives during the second half of the weekend.
SATURDAY: Sunshine returns with a chilly breeze. The high is only 43.
TONIGHT: Partly cloudy and cold. Lows 24-28.
SUNDAY: Cloudy and cold. High 35. Snow and sleet developing by early afternoon from southwest to northeast. Acumulation will occur before the wintry mix changes to rain Sunday night. A coating to 1" of snow is possible along the I-95 corridor, including Philadelphia and the nearby suburbs, northern and central Delaware and interior South Jersey. In areas farther north (upper Montgomery, northern Bucks, northern Chester, the Lehigh Valley and Berks County), 1-2" is possible. Most if not all of this will be washed away quickly once we see the change to rain.
MONDAY: A shower is possible early, otherwise, mostly cloudy and not as cold. High 49.
TUESDAY: Mostly cloudy, breezy and cold. High 37.
WEDNESDAY: Sun and clouds, very cold! High 32.
THURSDAY: Mostly sunny and very cold! High 30.
FRIDAY: Sun and clouds, still cold. High 36.
severe weather, accuweather forecast, chris sowers
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- Wintry Weekend 33 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 58 min ago
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary 49 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
58 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
33 min ago