Spotty, Drenching Downpours
May 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- After another very humid day, showers and thunderstorms started ahead of a slow-moving cold front approaching from the west. This front will bring us two more days of unsettled weather along with a big cool down.
TONIGHT: More showers and thunderstorms are possible, some of which could produce more heavy downpours. Any thunderstorm that forms could produce gusty winds. Any downpours could result in street flooding. The low: 64.
FRIDAY: A stalled low to our north spins clouds, cooler air and some additional showers into the region. It looks like a cloudy, damp day with a chilly breeze and a high of only 66. We'll reach that high before lunch, then temperature will drop into the 50s during the afternoon.
SATURDAY: The outlook for the start of the holiday weekend is shifting. It now appears that our stalled low may still be close enough to keep some showers in the area, at least for the morning. Even after the rain stops, we can't promise sun. It's also chilly and very windy. This is still a somewhat tricky forecast day, but for now, we'll call for morning showers, afternoon drying, but plenty of clouds all the way. High: only 59.
SUNDAY: The low should be moving farther off the coast and we change over to partly sunny skies. But we still deal with a cool breeze and the high is only around 65.
MONDAY (MEMORIAL DAY): This is the best day of the holiday weekend. It's dry and mainly sunny with a milder high of 73.
TUESDAY: We expect partly sunny skies with a high around 76.
WEDNESDAY: Clouds and sun share the skies. It's likely dry. The high: 80.
THURSDAY: Warm and humid conditions appear ready to return toward the end of the week. This would also re-introduce the chance of an afternoon thunderstorm. The high: 84.
severe weather, accuweather forecast, cecily tynan
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown 49 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours 37 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington 22 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 35 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death 33 min ago
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch 30 min ago
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
49 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington
22 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly...
35 min ago