TORNADO WARNING FOR Delaware County Pa., New Castle Co., Del. And Gloucester Co., N.J. until 1:00 p.m.
August 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- We have a warm and humid start to the day, but watch out later today as showers and thunderstorms move through the area.
TODAY: An area of low pressure looks to move right across the area bringing us a period of unsettled weather beginning in the afternoon and lasting into the evening. It will remain muggy with any early sun giving way to clouds. During the afternoon be on the look out for showers and thunderstorms, some of which could be rather strong. The high: 87.
WEDNESDAY: Look for a mix of clouds and sun as a cold front slides by bringing with it big changes in our weather. Ahead of the front temperatures will top out in the upper 80s with humid conditions, but come later in the afternoon humidity levels will be dropping and things will begin to clear out for a wonderful end of the week. A spotty thunderstorm ahead of the front can't be ruled out, but it will not be nearly as active as Tuesday.
THURSDAY: Relief arrives with an area of high pressure dropping into the Ohio Valley. Temperatures will for once fall below normal with humidity levels very low. The high: 82. It's a great night to play football as the Eagles are at home hosting the Ravens in the first pre-season game.
FRIDAY: The gorgeous stretch of weather continues with mostly sunny skies and low humidity. The high: 83.
SATURDAY: Sunshine followed by increasing clouds. The high 84.
SUNDAY: The second half of the weekend is looking very unsettled right now with showers and t'storms moving into the region. It will turn more humid with a high of 85.MONDAY: Expect partly sunny skies and a high of 84. We can't rule out the chance for a thunderstorm.
delaware, pennsylvania, philadelphia, new jersey, severe weather, snow, accuweather forecast, karen rogers
Also SeeMore:Melissa Magee's Weather Chat
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 51 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 48 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 52 min ago
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 50 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 46 min ago
- Officials: Valentine's Day pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 4 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures