Winter Weather ADVISORIES posted for the region until 10:00 p.m.
February 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- The National Weather Service has posted Winter Weather Advisories for most of the region until 10:00 p.m.
Snow showers arrive between 1pm and 4pm from west to east. Snow ends later tonight with small accumulations, mainly on grassy surfaces. The high: 42. Roads should remain mainly wet during the daylight hours with an increased chance of a freeze-up after dark and overnight. But drive cautiously today and tonight as the precipitation is falling.
TONIGHT: Snow ends by 9-11pm tonight. The low: 29. Some black ice is possible overnight into Thursday morning. We see some overnight clearing.
THURSDAY: Some morning black ice is possible in a few spots in areas where the temperature dips below freezing before roads and sidewalks have a chance to dry. Mostly sunny skies return with a high of 46.
FRIDAY: Look for mostly sunny skies and a nice high around 49.
SATURDAY: Cooler air arrives for the weekend. Saturday is brisk and seasonably cold with a mix of clouds and sun. The high: 40. A little snow is possible with the arrival of the arctic front that brings us this colder air.
SUNDAY: Look for a good deal of sunshine but with a cold and brisk high around 32. That's ten degrees below normal. A flurry is possible. Overnight lows will drop down into to 20s in most areas, with the teens possible in some suburbs.
MONDAY: It's sunny but still frigid. The high: 33.
TUESDAY: For now, it looks like temperatures rebound for Valentine's Day. Look for mostly cloudy skies and a moderating high around 43.
WEDNESDAY: It's mostly cloudy with a high of 46 and some rain possible.
delaware, pennsylvania, philadelphia, new jersey, severe weather, snow, accuweather forecast, david murphy
Also SeeMore:Melissa Magee's Weather Chat
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado 1 min ago
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash 11 min ago
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Conn. commuter rail service to resume Wednesday
- Nurse viciously attacked outside Cooper Hospital
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Publicist: Founding member of The Doors dies at 74
- Diet Detours: Healthy grilling
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
1 min ago