Region met with bit of winter weather
PHILADELPHIA - February 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- It was just a little reminder that we're still in the middle of winter.
The traffic was slow, but moving during the evening commute across the Delaware Valley.
On 422 near Oaks in Montgomery County, there was a long line of headlights as drivers exercised extreme caution.
"I'm a little worried, but I plan on driving nice and slow; I'd rather it be a parking lot than a speed zone," Megan Crozier of West Chester said.
In so many places like King of Prussia, the snowfall was more visible in some places than others as it accumulated on the grass. There is little accumulation on the roadways because of the work PennDOT crews did throughout the day and night.
"Some of the traffic was slowed up a little bit because of the weather but the roads are basically in pretty decent shape," Don Gibson of King of Prussia said.
By 8:00 p.m., the I-76, I-676 interchange in Center City was running smoothly.
PennDOT has been working quickly to stay ahead of the icy conditions that will come as temperatures drop.
For so many drivers who have seen so much worse when it comes to winter weather, they definitely weren't complaining.
"I'm waiting for the winter to come," Walter Mathis of South Philadelphia said.
snow, pennsylvania, philadelphia, accuweather forecast, kenneth moton
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 3 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse 16 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 20 min ago
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies 45 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad