Tornado Watch for Berks, Lancaster counties until 9:00 p.m.
June 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Several severe weather watches and warnings are in effect in our area as strong storms move through.
RELATED: Severe weather alerts on 6abc.com.
AccuWeather says showers and thunderstorms will continue to move in from the west this evening.
A tornado watch has been posted for Berks and Lancaster counties is in effect until 9:00 p.m. A previous tornado warning for south-central Lancaster County has expired.
The storms could be severe, with damaging winds, hail, heavy downpours and lightning. Take cover indoors on the lower floors if you hear thunder, and keep your eyes on 6abc.com for any additional watches or warnings that are posted tonight.
TONIGHT: Some strong thunderstorms are possible, especially in the evening. Rain will fall heavy at times, with 1" to 1.5" possible in many areas. This could lead to poor drainage area flooding. The low is 66. Rain ends early Saturday morning.
THE SHORE: Rip currents are possible today and tonight. There's also the chance of some minor tidal flooding between now and Monday with the lunar high tide.
SATURDAY: Rain probably ends before dawn and we wind up with a partly sunny, breezy and pleasant afternoon. The high is 76.
SUNDAY: Sun mixes with a few clouds and a pop-up afternoon shower can't be ruled-out. Most of the day, however, is dry. The high: 76.
MONDAY: Clouds and sun mix and we get a shower or two. The high: 74.
TUESDAY: It's rather cool for June with a high of only 68. Plenty of clouds are evident and some more showers are possible at times.
WEDNESDAY: It's mainly cloudy with another shower not out of the question. The high: 71.
THURSDAY: Look for a mix of clouds and sun with a high 73.
FRIDAY: More clouds are possible with another system showing-up in the long-range models. The high is 76 and there could be a shower or a thunderstorm around.
delaware, pennsylvania, philadelphia, new jersey, severe weather, snow, accuweather forecast
Also SeeMore:Melissa Magee's Weather Chat
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 5 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 12 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- John Rawlins tracks the snowstorm
42 min ago
- Katherine Scott tracks the storm from...
40 min ago