AccuWeather: Sunny and hot today, less humid later
July 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's a very humid and warm start today. This afternoon, humidity drops a bit, but it's still sunny and hot with a high of 97.
RELATED: Severe weather alerts on 6abc.com.<p
TONIGHT: It's mainly clear and not as muggy as last night. The low is 71 with some suburbs dipping into the 60s.As expected, an EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING has been extended through 8pm Saturday as high temperatures are expected to remain in the upper 90s over the next several days. Saturday, in particular, will be especially brutal with humidity growing worse again and high temperatures approaching 100. The heat index could go as high as 105 at times over the next several days, especially Saturday. All of the usual, common sense heat precautions still apply. Keep in mind that as we move through this heat wave, the cumulative effects of the heat can become worse, especially for young children and seniors.
FRIDAY: With the latest front to our south, our humidity will remain lower than it was on the Fourth, but it will still be sunny and very hot with a high of 97.
SATURDAY: Humidity will creep back into the picture during the day with a warm front returning fro the south. It will still be hot, too. The high is 99, and a thunderstorm is possible in the evening with that front.
SUNDAY: It still looks humid, but not as hot as Saturday. We expect a mix of clouds and sun with a high of 92. An afternoon thunderstorm is possible.
MONDAY: Finally, we see a break in the heat. All indications are for a roll back to the 80s, still warm, but seasonable and relatively comfortable compared to what we've been dealing with for more than a week. The high is 88, just one degree above average.
TUESDAY: Look for a mix of clouds and sun with a possible thunderstorm in spots. The high: 88.
WEDNESDAY: It's partly sunny and seasonably warm with a high around 86; it's a nice, comfortable summer day.
THURSDAY: It's mostly sunny with another high around 86.
delaware, pennsylvania, philadelphia, new jersey, severe weather, snow, accuweather forecast, david murphy
Also SeeMore:Melissa Magee's Weather Chat
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack 1 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced 26 min ago
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- US Airways, American merger complete 2 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally