AccuWeather: Sunny and hot today, less humid later
July 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's a very humid and warm start today. This afternoon, humidity drops a bit, but it's still sunny and hot with a high of 97.
RELATED: Severe weather alerts on 6abc.com.<p
TONIGHT: It's mainly clear and not as muggy as last night. The low is 71 with some suburbs dipping into the 60s.As expected, an EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING has been extended through 8pm Saturday as high temperatures are expected to remain in the upper 90s over the next several days. Saturday, in particular, will be especially brutal with humidity growing worse again and high temperatures approaching 100. The heat index could go as high as 105 at times over the next several days, especially Saturday. All of the usual, common sense heat precautions still apply. Keep in mind that as we move through this heat wave, the cumulative effects of the heat can become worse, especially for young children and seniors.
FRIDAY: With the latest front to our south, our humidity will remain lower than it was on the Fourth, but it will still be sunny and very hot with a high of 97.
SATURDAY: Humidity will creep back into the picture during the day with a warm front returning fro the south. It will still be hot, too. The high is 99, and a thunderstorm is possible in the evening with that front.
SUNDAY: It still looks humid, but not as hot as Saturday. We expect a mix of clouds and sun with a high of 92. An afternoon thunderstorm is possible.
MONDAY: Finally, we see a break in the heat. All indications are for a roll back to the 80s, still warm, but seasonable and relatively comfortable compared to what we've been dealing with for more than a week. The high is 88, just one degree above average.
TUESDAY: Look for a mix of clouds and sun with a possible thunderstorm in spots. The high: 88.
WEDNESDAY: It's partly sunny and seasonably warm with a high around 86; it's a nice, comfortable summer day.
THURSDAY: It's mostly sunny with another high around 86.
delaware, pennsylvania, philadelphia, new jersey, severe weather, snow, accuweather forecast, david murphy
Also SeeMore:Melissa Magee's Weather Chat
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 35 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 5 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 36 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
5 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos