Dave Grohl to give keynote speech at conference
AUSTIN, Texas -- Dave Grohl may be taking a break from his band, but with the addition of an appearance at South By Southwest next spring 2013 is shaping up to be a busy year nonetheless.
The often eloquent Foo Fighters frontman has signed on to give the keynote speech at the 2013 South By Southwest Music Conference on March 14 in Austin, Texas.
He's also working on his Sound City documentary and new Queens Of The Stone Age material with Josh Homme. Both are expected next year as well.
Grohl announced earlier this fall that his Grammy-winning Foo Fighters had no immediate plans to record or tour and that his immediate focus was Sound City, his documentary about the famed Los Angeles studio.
- Winter weather advisory for northern counties 11 min ago
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- NCCU will be part of March Madness 37 min ago
- Video: NC State headed to NCAA tournament
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state 44 min ago
- Plane search expands from Australia to Kazakhstan 47 min ago
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Man shot, killed at Willow Spring bar
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash