Convicted killers reassigned at St. Augustine's University
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Two convicted killers who were running a summer day camp for children at St. Augustine's University have been reassigned according to a statement from the school's president.
President Dianne Boardley Suber said the safety of the campus was her primary focus.
The woman who ran the Kiddie Kollege Summer Camp at St. Augustine's University is Doris Bullock, the former Doris Braswell. Bullock was convicted of second-degree murder in the 1981 death of her infant child.
Her assistant was Deidra Gary, formerly Deidra Lane. In 2000, Gary was convicted of killing her husband, Carolina Panthers running back Fred Lane. She pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in 2003 and was released from prison in 2009.
President Suber said the women have been moved to other administrative duties that do not involve children.
"While I remain confident in their ability, I have decided to reassign both employees to their administrative roles at the University. It is paramount to maintain a positive learning environment for the children. We will continue to maintain diversity within our staff and evaluate employees on their merit," said Suber.
St. Augustine's said that Bullock has worked at the school for 12 years and Gary has been with the university for about a year.
wake county, iteam, abc11 investigates, jon camp
- Suspect in Wake Forest kidnapping captured 50 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets 45 min ago
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- Wake sounds alarm on teacher shortage
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
45 min ago
- Alliance says Raleigh downtown has lot to...
48 min ago