It's Your Money
Super Saver: Free events
ABC11's Troubleshooter has a new segment to help you get by a little easier during the latest financial crisis.
Just in time for the weekend free family outings you can take advantage of from now thru the holidays.
Start the holidays off right Saturday morning at Raleigh's Annual Christmas Parade. It winds through downtown, starting at 9:30 a.m. Show up early to get a good seat and see all the floats plus your friends from Eyewitness News and of course Santa. All of the fun is completely free.
After the parade, more free family fun is just a short walk away at the state museums downtown. The Museum of History and all those cool dinosaurs at the Museum of Natural Science are free, with free parking on weekends. You can also check out the state capitol and the Raleigh City Museum all downtown and all free.
How about a free sleigh ride? You can get one Fridays through Sundays now through Christmas at the Brier Creek Commons on US 70 in Raleigh. The rides are Friday and Saturday evenings and Sunday afternoons. Visit their Web site for more information.
Sit back and relax we've got a free family movie this Saturday. The Grinch is playing at the Carmike 15 Theatre, on Atlantic Springs Road is Raleigh at 1 p.m.
Even if you're not jetting off to grandma's house for Thanksgiving, you can still have fun at the airport this holiday season at RDU's Observation Park. If you haven't brought the kids here yet, you have to! It's right by the control tower and overlooks RDU's longest runway and has speakers so you can hear the air traffic controllers live, as planes take-off and land right in front of you. There's also a kiddie playground with mini-runways, picnic tables, and restrooms all free. Click here for more information.
Saturday the 22nd, head to North Hills Mall for the Fifth Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony featuring Ira David Wood! The fun begins at 5:00 p.m. with singing and continues with kids decorating the tree!
For more free events in Raleigh check out this Web site.
In Chapel Hill, check out the Kidzu Children's Museum this Sunday. Typically admission is four bucks for adults and kids over two, but not this Sunday. For more information on Kidzu's free Sunday's go to www.kidzuchildrensmuseum.org
If you have a super saver tip to share or know of a fun free event let us know. We'd like to pass it along!
it's your money, diane wilson
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma
- Shearon Harris back in operation
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Appeal to be heard in Jason Young case
- Police: Teen in custody shot himself
- Pilot who crashed at SFO worried about landing
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Prosecutor: no domestic charges against Zimmerman
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help