Idol contestant returns to Garner
GARNER (WTVD) -- Garner's Scotty McCreery returned to his hometown for a celebration Saturday before he heads into the final elimination rounds of the hit FOX network show American Idol.
Garner celebrated in Scotty McCreery's honor with a parade and concert in Lake Benson Park.
McCreery survived another elimination round Thursday night on the FOX network's hit show American Idol and is closer than ever to winning the reality series' latest edition.
The two other remaining contestants - Lauren Alaina and Haley Reinhart - are also being treated to visits to their hometowns before performing again next week.
On Wednesday's episode, McCreery, James Durbin, Alaina, and Reinhart performed the songs of American songwriting and producing duo Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller. They were also given tips by pop artist Lady Gaga.
Host Ryan Seacrest said that nearly 72 million votes came in, making it the biggest vote total for a Top 4 show.
wake county, scotty mccreery, entertainment
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help