New rollercoaster at Busch Gardens
WILLIAMSBURG, Virginia (WTVD) -- Visitors to Busch Gardens Williamsburg will get to "brave the Black Forest" beginning May 18 when the theme park opens its latest thrill ride "Verbolten."
The rollercoaster promises an "autobahn touring experience that will keep you on the edge of your seat."
Speed junkies will appreciate Verbolten's 53-mph top speed with an overall track length of 2,835 feet and an 88-foot final drop to a water feature. A ride lasts about 90 seconds and there will be five trains with 16 seats per train.
Before Friday's opening, engineers and operators have been doing extensive ride testing.
"We will inspect every inch of Verbolten before it opens May 18," said Larry Giles, Busch Gardens' vice president of design and engineering in a news release. "We are confident that we will complete our work in time for our scheduled opening."
- Drug bust at home owned by UNC's Roy Williams 11 min ago
- Brisk sales raise Mega Millions jackpot to $425M
- Ex-racer Mayfield's home to be burned for training
- Dog helps Alaska woman survive 3 nights in cold
- Social media fuels school threat concerns
- Deputies raid Durham sweepstakes cafe 42 min ago
- Robbery suspect uses box as disguise
- Durham Freeway reopened following closure
- Thousands of Ft. Bragg soliders to deploy to Afghanistan
- One man killed, another injured in shooting 32 min ago
- Residents gather signatures to protest Publix store
- Raleigh house damaged in fire
- Two shot, wounded at NC chicken plant
- Teacher accused of feeding autistic boy hot sauce rehired
- Drug bust at home owned by UNC's Roy Williams
24 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help