Famous stars in Cary for Iron Man filming
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Marvel Studios' filming of Iron Man 3 in the Triangle is causing a traffic alert.
On Wednesday, police will close down a section of Weston Parkway at Harrison Avenue in Cary from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for filming.
The movie has brought several actors and fans to the Triangle.
Oscar winner Gwyneth Paltrow landed in Raleigh Tuesday night to begin filming her part in Iron Man 3.
Paltrow tweeted around 6 p.m.: "Just arrived in Raleigh, NC to start Ironman 3! Any restaurant recommendations?"
This week, fans lined up outside Epic Games in Cary -- where some of the film's scenes are being shot -- for some star gazing.
"See what we can see, stalk some actors ... I don't know," a fan near the set said.
"We think we saw Guy Pierce ... one of the villains," another fan said.
"Of course, I'm hoping to see Robert Downey, Junior," one woman added.
Iron Man 3 is scheduled to film over the next 10 months and is slated to be released in 2013.
Production company Marvel Films is owned by Disney. Disney is also the parent company of ABC11.
wake county, entertainment
- Photos: Oklahoma tornado aftermath
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Good Samaritan law intended to save lives
- North Carolina schools prepare for tornadoes
- High School coach arrested on sex charge
- Video: Okla. storms hit close to home for some 25 min ago
- Lightning sparks Raleigh apartment fire
- Video: McCrory weighs in on state budget, protests 25 min ago
- Two cleared, others charged in murder
- Video: 'Valor Games' begin in Triangle
- Kieran Shanahan on leave from law firm
- NC House panel looking at public school grant bill
- Okla. storms hit close to home for some
25 min ago
- McCrory weighs in on state budget, protests
25 min ago