Voight has no scoop on Jolie-Pitt wedding
TAMPA, FL (WTVD) -- Among the many celebrities in Tampa this week to cheer on Mitt Romney's selection as the Republican presidential nominee is actor Jon Voight.
The 73-year-old Academy Award winner is a well-known supporter of conservative causes.
Speaking to reporters Tuesday, he compared President Obama to Venezuela's socialist President Hugo Chavez.
Asked if a film was to made about Mitt Romney, Voight told Politico he'd cast Daniel Day-Lewis as the candidate.
ABC11 was there Tuesday when reporters asked about the upcoming marriage of his famous daughter Angelina Jolie to Brad Pitt. Voight said he had no information on the details of the nuptials, telling us he's getting all his information from the tabloids.
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide