ABC11 most watched station 4:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- The results are back from the February television viewing ratings period, and according to the Nielsen LIVE SD data (Feb13), ABC11 is the most-watched television station in the Triangle viewing area from 4:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. with the combination of Eyewitness News and Good Morning America.
Viewership for the station climbed in almost every newscast in both year-to-year numbers and since May and November of last year. ABC11 also witnessed the highest increase in news viewership among the four major stations in the Triangle.
ABC11 has been strong in the 18 to 49 year old demographic most coveted by advertisers for some time, but the February ratings period also shows a gain in overall viewership.
"ABC11 often leads the market in key women and adult viewers, so to see this kind of growth in households is very exciting," said Caroline Welch, president and general manager of the station. "This is a dynamic region. As more and more people move to this area, we are thrilled that viewers are choosing Eyewitness News."
Nielsen says ABC11 ties with CBS affiliate WRAL-TV for first place 6 a.m. to 7 a.m. in average household rating with the morning news anchored by John Clark, Barbara Gibbs, Meteorologist Don "Big Weather" Schwenneker and Amber Rupinta.
The new 4 p.m. newscast anchored by the new team of Fred Shropshire and Anna Laurel is up 42 percent from February 2012 and has reached its highest audience levels since the show's debut.
The station is the only one in the Triangle viewing area to see an increase in all of its early newscasts at 5 p.m., 5:30 p.m., and 6 p.m. Overall, the 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. local news block is up 11 percent from February 2012.
ABC11 provides 43 hours of local news every week, serving more than 1 million households in a 23-county area in North Carolina and Virginia.
- Child killed in Johnston County crash 3 min ago
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- 'Burger King baby' seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- ABC11 channel changes coming to Time Warner customers
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- 2 shot in Gates Four community
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
58 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help