Wrestler Ric Flair's son found dead
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Professional wrestler Ric Flair confirmed through his Facebook page Friday that his 25-year-old son Reid Fliehr has passed away.
WSOC-TV quoted police sources saying Fliehr was found dead in a Charlotte hotel room around 10:30 a.m. Friday.
"We are heartbroken to confirm that Ric's son, Reid Fliehr, has passed away today March 29, 2013 in Charlotte, NC. The investigation into the cause of death is ongoing. Reid was 25 and an incredible son, brother, friend, and professional wrestler. No words can describe the grief that Ric and his family are experiencing and they do request privacy during this devastating time," Flair's agent Melinda Morris said in a statement.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police says officers were called to a hotel on the city's south side around 10:30 a.m. Friday. When they arrived, they found the body of 25-year-old Reid Fliehr, who also was a wrestler.
A statement from police says there are no signs of foul play, and that the cause of death will be determined by the medical examiner's office.
Ric Flair's real name is Richard Morgan Flair. The peroxide-blond wrestled for some 40 years and also was known as The Nature Boy.
The 64-year-old won many pro wrestling titles including in the WWE.
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Suspect in Sanford shooting death arrested
- Parents hope bone marrow drive can save son
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Bank robbed in Franklinton
- 4th of July celebration returning to Ft. Bragg
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Police: 1 man, 1 woman died at South by Southwest