Health insurance? There's an app for that
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- There seems to be an app for just about everything these days - from finding food to starting your car.
Now, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina says it hopes its new app will help people save time and money.
It's called HealthNAV, and it's designed to put valuable medical information right at your fingertips.
With HealthNAV, you can research the cost of different prescription medications so you can ask your doctor about less expensive options.
Customers can also store information about their health and their family member's health in the My Notes section - including notes about allergies, medications, vaccinations and possible questions for your doctor.
And there's more. Users can also find an urgent care center. It will map their location and find the nearest urgent care center and even give them turn by turn directions. It's information that can come in handy - especially if you're out of town.
And there's no more looking for numbers when you have questions about your coverage, because a customer service representative is just a click away.
You can download HealthNAV for free on iTunes for your iPhone, iPad or iTouch.
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars 35 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers 1 min ago
- Part of US 64 added to Interstate Highway System 29 min ago
- Lawmaker charged in state tax case out of jail
- Judge: No quick trial on NC voting law changes
- NCDOT: Bonner Bridge could reopen next week
- Appeal heard in Jason Young case
- Are more Dorito-flavored foods on the way?
- Ex-President Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker
- Interpreter for Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers
- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the...
18 min ago
- Wakemed creates kid-friendly ER program
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help