Dangers of medical recovery rooms
A tragedy at a Pennsylvania surgical center is bringing attention to the dangers in medical recovery rooms.
Doctors told the parents of 17-year-old Mariah Edwards that their daughter was in the clear following a routine surgery to remove her tonsils.
But the next thing they knew, their only daughter was lying in a hospital bed lifeless and brain dead.
- NC-147 closed due to downed power lines 7 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Salvation Army coming up short this year
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help