Motorcyclist Killed in Holly Springs
(05/24/06 -- HOLLY SPRINGS) (WTVD) -- A crash has killed a motorcyclist in downtown Holly Springs.
It happened around 4 p.m. at the intersection of Main and Earp streets in downtown Holly Springs.
Police say a van struck a motorcycle, killing the man on the motorcyle. His identity has not been released.
Witnesses say the van driver, Peter Schatz, 40, of Apex, was stopped at a stop sign and proceeded into the intersection. The motorcyclist, who had right-of-way, collided with the side of the van, police said.
Holly Springs Public Safety Chief Cecil Parker said officers would consult with prosecutors about filing charges against Schatz.
- Krzyzewski returning to coach USA Basketball
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- 3 arrested in murder of Raleigh mother
- Video: 82nd's All American Week Division review
- Senate Republicans moving NC budget to House
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recover
- Army declares Kelli Bordeaux dead
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- NC State tops Clemson 6-3 in ACC tournament