Teen helps with Carson murder investigation
ROXBORO (WTVD) -- Seventeen-year-old Gerald Wallace was so troubled by the Eve Carson case he wanted to do something about it.
He's spent the last few days hanging up flyers, hoping they help police catch the suspects.
"Her being my role model, I was angry about it and I want this man to be caught," Wallace said.
The teen is a Person High School sophomore and like the rest of the world watched Carson's case unfold on the news. So touched by the Carolina spirit, Carson's smile and her example, he was moved to act.
"Most of it, I was more upset and angry because of me being a Tar Heel fan and her going to UNC," Wallace explained. "And she was a very well known student at UNC."
Last week the soft spoken and reserved teen grieved Carson's death and raised his voice.
"I like to do stuff in the community and help out as much as I can," Wallace said.
So he created flyers and posted them at convenience stores in Roxboro with Carson's picture, urging people to call police with information.
Randy Young, UNC Public Safety, explained the process at the call center. "A report comes, we assignment it a number and that information is forwarded immediately to the various law enforcement agencies."
So far, detectives have collected more than 200 anonymous tips. Wallace hopes his efforts will bring more.
"I would like to see him brought to justice and whoever else helped him with it," Wallace said.
local/state, fred shropshire
- Jury resumes deliberations in jailer trial
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Judge: No quick trial on NC voting law changes 56 min ago
- NCDOT: Bonner Bridge could reopen next week 51 min ago
- Appeal heard in Jason Young case
- Are more Dorito-flavored foods on the way?
- Ex-President Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker
- Interpreter for Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers
- Accident shuts down Durham road
- Authorities cracking down on bank robberies
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help