Coach K angry about ribbon controversy
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Coach Krzyzewski is going on the record, addressing the fans who questioned why he didn't wear a Carolina blue ribbon commemorating the life of Eve Carson at the Carolina Duke game.
He is not happy it has spun into a controversy.
"I heard someone question why i didn't wear a ribbon, your head must be crazy," Coach K told reporters after the game. "I mean come on. I can't believe that. Shame on you, that's not what we're about, not what we did. Shame on you!"
Dozens of people called and e-mailed Eyewitness News wondering why the coach didn't wear a ribbon like many students and fans.
He says it was a student to student thing and he thought that was understood.
Coach K says before the game, the teams agreed to have a moment of silence and a rare pre-game handshake to show the schools coming together.
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load 14 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- NC NAACP calls for June 3 rally for next protest
- 5.7-magnitude quake widely felt across N. Calif.
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge
- Father sought after baby found with burns
- Gray seal spending time on NC beaches
- Charlotte mom has son jailed for stealing Pop Tarts
- Police investigate Durham bank robbery
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Authorities: Barricade situation didn't happen