Wrestler's daughter arrested after tussle with police
CHAPEL HILL (WTVD) -- The daughter of wrestling legend Ric Flair was arrested in Chapel Hill Friday.
Ashley Fliehr, 22, is charged with assault on a law enforcement officer. Her first court appearance is scheduled for October 6.
According to Chapel Hill Police, concerned neighbors called for help when they heard a commotion in the parking lot of their apartment complex off Conner Drive Saturday night.
Officers found Ric Flair, his daughter Ashley Fliehr and an unidentified 22-year-old man. Sources tell Eyewitness News the three were involved in a fight that left the former pro-wrestler bloodied and bruised.
Flair declined to file charges in the case. But, his daughter is accused of kicking an officer. Chapel Hill Police say a taser gun was used on Ashley Fliehr.
She is charged with assault on a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest. When Eyewitness News tried to contact Ashley Fliehr, her boyfriend said the incident was a family matter that is now resolved.
Ric Flair, whose real name is Richard Morgan Fliehr, is best known by his ring names, Ric Flair and the Nature Boy.
Flair is among the most well known wrestlers in the world and has been one of wrestling's biggest stars since the late 1970s. Many consider him the greatest wrestler of the modern era of professional wrestling.
He retired as a wrestler in March 2008.
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington State 41 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- NC NAACP calls for June 3 rally for next protest
- Father sought after baby found with burns
- Gray seal spending time on NC beaches
- Charlotte mom has son jailed for stealing Pop Tarts
- Police investigate Durham bank robbery
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Authorities: Barricade situation didn't happen
- Suspect in Raleigh murder has criminal past
- Hurricane forecast: Another busy Atlantic season