Funeral planned for slain teen
CARY -- A memorial service will be held Monday for 18-year-old Matt Silliman. The slain teen's body was found in a mobile home south of Raleigh earlier this week.
The Peace Presbyterian Church in Cary says it will host the service at 4 p.m. The Silliman family attends the church and Matt was an active member.
Aadil Shaaid Kahn, 17, Allegra Rose Dahlquist, 17, Drew Logan Shaw, 16, and Ryan Patrick Hare, 18, are accused of killing Silliman. They were ordered held without bond by a judge on Thursday.
According to Silliman's Facebook page, the suspects were all his friends.
Silliman was first reported missing by his parents on Nov. 26 and authorities had issued a Silver Alert for him. He was last seen less than 10 miles from the crime scene.
Medical examiners say they have not confirmed a cause of death. They are releasing few details, only saying the murder took place on Nov. 30.
matthew silliman, local/state
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats 24 min ago
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week 49 min ago
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche 39 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 34 min ago
- Family of Danielle Locklear opens up
- Controversial Easter ad features Jesus...
5 min ago