Michelle Young's mother wants money
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A March monetary judgement hearing is set for the Michelle Young wrongful death case.
Young's mother, Linda Fisher, is suing Jason Young in connection with the death of her daughter, Michelle Young.
Fisher wants compensation for her daughter's murder.
A monetary judgment hearing is scheduled for March 16. The hearing will detrmine how much money she will get, if any.
Earlier this month, Jason Young agreed to share custody of the couple's daughter, Cassidy, with Michelle Young's family.
Cassidy, who was 2 years old at the time of her mother's death, was found near Michelle Young's dead body.
In November 2008, Fisher filed a civil suit against Jason Young for "brutally murdering Michelle" at the couple's home.
Jason Young did not show up for that court date earlier this month and a civil judge ruled him responsible for Michelle Young's death.
That ruling prevented him from collecting her life insurance.
Jason Young has not been arrested and is not charged with his wife's 2006 murder. However, he continues to be the focus of the police investigation.
wake county, homicide, jason young, local/state
- Temps to plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday 18 min ago
- Durham girl's wish comes true 48 min ago
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Woman unknowingly tweets husband's fatal car crash
- Woman struck, killed by car in Harnett County 23 min ago
- Son: Graham's health declining 32 min ago
- Wake Forest bank robbery suspect caught 57 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in Durham County crash 16 min ago
- No. 20 Duke relishes worst-to-first ride
- Xerox calls police before layoffs
- High School Football Scores - Playoffs Week 4 14 min ago
- Hurricanes surge past Sharks
- Raleigh Winterfest 2013-2014
- Icy storm slams Southwest, shuts down North Texas
- Some travel delays at RDU due to storms
40 min ago
- Maya Angelou remembers Nelson Mandela
34 min ago
- Son: Graham's health declining
31 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help