Michelle Young's mother wants money
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A March monetary judgement hearing is set for the Michelle Young wrongful death case.
Young's mother, Linda Fisher, is suing Jason Young in connection with the death of her daughter, Michelle Young.
Fisher wants compensation for her daughter's murder.
A monetary judgment hearing is scheduled for March 16. The hearing will detrmine how much money she will get, if any.
Earlier this month, Jason Young agreed to share custody of the couple's daughter, Cassidy, with Michelle Young's family.
Cassidy, who was 2 years old at the time of her mother's death, was found near Michelle Young's dead body.
In November 2008, Fisher filed a civil suit against Jason Young for "brutally murdering Michelle" at the couple's home.
Jason Young did not show up for that court date earlier this month and a civil judge ruled him responsible for Michelle Young's death.
That ruling prevented him from collecting her life insurance.
Jason Young has not been arrested and is not charged with his wife's 2006 murder. However, he continues to be the focus of the police investigation.
wake county, homicide, jason young, local/state
- Senate leader at odds with Governor over Dix lease 44 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Army declares Kelli Bordeaux dead
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- Senate Republicans moving NC budget to House
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recover
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- NC State tops Clemson 6-3 in ACC tournament
- NC House bill opens renegotiation on Dix property
- NC terror suspect killed in overseas drone strike
- Acquaintance describes Abaroa after wife's death