Economic stimulus for new runway lights
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood announced Wednesday that money from the federal stimulus plan will buy $4.5 million worth of new runway lights at Raleigh - Durham International airport.
In all, North Carolina airports will get $12 million from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. The Asheville Regional airport will get $7.5 million for terminal improvements.
"Through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act we are creating jobs in North Carolina and across the country while investing in the long-term safety and economic vitality of our airports," said Secretary LaHood in a statement released to the media.
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle 9 min ago
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Crawleigh could affect school start times 25 min ago
- UNC guard McDonald cleared by NCAA 6 min ago
- Bipartisan budget agreement clears Congress
- Laurence Lovette denied change of venue for murder trial
- Police recover stolen storm grates
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Ga. woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Film, TV productions spend $250 million in NC
- McCrory cites jobless rate, tax overhaul in video
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013
- Consumer Alert: Online dating scams
16 min ago
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
29 min ago
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
18 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help