Economic stimulus for new runway lights
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood announced Wednesday that money from the federal stimulus plan will buy $4.5 million worth of new runway lights at Raleigh - Durham International airport.
In all, North Carolina airports will get $12 million from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. The Asheville Regional airport will get $7.5 million for terminal improvements.
"Through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act we are creating jobs in North Carolina and across the country while investing in the long-term safety and economic vitality of our airports," said Secretary LaHood in a statement released to the media.
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help