Heart condition kills high school athlete
WILSON (WTVD) -- A high school athlete that collapsed and died during practice due to an enlarged heart.
Anthony Eatman collapsed in February after running drills with his JV basketball team.
The 14-year-old Hunt High School student had just finished taking a water break when he collapsed. Eatmon couldn't be revived.
According to school officials, he passed a physical last fall. An autopsy report released Wednesday attributed Eatmon's death to an enlarged heart.
Eatmon's other organs were donated to help others.
A memorial page has been created for the teen. Click here to view.
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Obama skips out of Washington for Hawaii vacation 53 min ago
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 41 min ago
- Things you didn't know about reindeer 21 min ago
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Wild video: Duke Energy implodes smokestacks
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help