DNA found in pregnant mom murder
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- It's been two years since someone murdered 22-year-old Jenna Nielsen near a convenience store on Lake Wheeler Road in Raleigh.
The mother of two was pregnant with a third son.
Nielsen - a newspaper carrier - was making a delivery at the AmeriKing Food Mart when she was stabbed in the neck.
While the case is two years old, police say it's anything but cold. Investigators say they work on it daily according to Nielsen's husband Tim who made an appearance on CNN's Nancy Grace program on the 2-year anniversary of her death.
He gave Grace a new piece of information - not previously made public - that detectives have DNA evidence they're analyzing.
"They found DNA, but I can't say more than that," he told Grace.
Investigators have done hundreds of interviews and put in countless hours on the case. Nielson's family has been ruled out as suspects. Instead, detectives suspect it was a random act of violence.
Nielsen's family says they believe that it was an attempted sexual attack and she was killed when she fought her attacker.
They say they believe the case is solvable.
The family is offering a $15,000 reward for an arrest and conviction. Anyone with any information is asked to call the Raleigh Police Department at (919) 227-6220.
You can also go to Justice4Jenna.org for more on her life and the case.
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help