Wake sheriff's office has Corvette
RALEIGH -- The Wake County Sheriff's Office is sporting a new muscle car that won't have any trouble catching speeders.
It's a Chevrolet Corvette Z06 with a top track speed of 198 mph and a base sticker price of $74,875. Its V8 racing engine generates 505 horsepower.
According to Wake County Manager David Cooke the car was seized from a drug deal. Cook said he didn't have any other details.
The Wake County Sheriff's Office said the car was not purchased at an auction as originally reported on ABC11.com.
Wake County isn't the first to use souped up cars.
Former Davidson County Sheriff Gerald Hege had a Chevrolet Impala SS with a Corvette engine.
Former Forsyth County Sheriff Ron Barker used several Camaro Z28s for traffic enforcement.
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- New bill aims to curb overzealous photoshopping 53 min ago
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter