NC congressman receives death threat
North Carolina Congressman Brad Miller has received a death threat over the health care plan.
Officials said a phone call came into the Democrat's Washington, DC office earlier this week.
Miller's spokeswoman said an orchestrated group posing as a grassroots organization was demanding town hall meetings so they could disrupt them.
She said the caller wanted a town hall meeting and told a staffer "it could cost him his life."
The staffer asked him to repeat the comment and he did.
The staffer then reported it to Capitol Hill Police, who are investigating.
Congressman Miller has said he largely supports President Obama's proposals for health care overhaul.
- Audit shows problems with NCTracks
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Autopsy reveals Jamie Hahn stabbed 24 times
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets
- Child writes apology letter for dialing 911
- Second suspect named in double murder
- World leaders to speak at massive Mandela memorial
- Wake Forest chooses Bowling Green's Clawson
- Reward doubled in Mount Olive murders
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help