Tampered sign promotes pot
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Drivers headed down Hillsborough Street in Raleigh got a surprising message Tuesday morning.
A prankster apparently tampered with an electronic DOT sign flashing for oncoming traffic.
Instead of something like "construction ahead," the sign read "smoke bud" - a reference to marijuana.
The sign located along Hillsborough between Dan Allen Drive and Brooks Avenue was right next to the North Carolina State University campus.
It's not clear when the message was changed. It continued to flash right through the morning rush hour.
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday 5 min ago
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Brees sharp, Saints beat Panthers 31-13 1 min ago
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Flight delays and cancellations from the...
22 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help