Erin Andrews at NC State game
RALEIGH -- Popular ESPN sideline reporter Erin Andrews got back to work Thursday night at the showdown between NC State and the South Carolina Gamecocks.
It was the first time she's been on air since a secretly recorded video of her nude in a hotel room was widely circulated on the internet.
Andrews' attorney has said the blurry five-minute video was shot without her knowledge and she plans to seek criminal charges and file lawsuits against whoever shot the video and anyone who publishes it.
Andrews didn't give interviews at the game, but she talks about what happened in an interview with Oprah set to air next Friday.
In the interview, she calls the episode a "nightmare," and she "opened up the computer (and) could feel my heart pounding."
Andrews says getting back to work at football games is exciting, adding "it's really going to help me heal my wounds."
It was not clear when the video of Andrews in the hotel room first appeared on the Internet. The person who first posted the video didn't identify the nude woman, and Andrews' attorney later confirmed the video was of the 31-year-old reporter.
Andrews, a former University of Florida dance team member, was an Internet sensation even before the video's circulation. Some Web sites have referred to her as "Erin Pageviews" because of the traffic she can generate, and Playboy magazine named her "sexiest sportscaster" in both 2008 and 2009. She has covered numerous sports for the network since 2004, often as a sideline reporter.
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop 30 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 36 min ago
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Controversial Easter ad features Jesus...
56 min ago