Man killed in possible turkey cooking fire
LENOIR COUNTY (WTVD) -- Authorities are investigating a fire at a Lenoir County home that killed a man.
Firefighters were called to a home on Robert. E. Lee Drive off of Neuse Rd. around 8:30 a.m. Thursday.
According to authorities, the fire was the result of cooking a turkey. It is not clear if the man was frying the turkey when the fire started.
Authorities have not released the victim's name.
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- Malaysia asks countries for data to help find jet
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast 31 min ago
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand 40 min ago
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school 11 min ago
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar