Lawyer in Davis case quits
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- The lawyer representing the man suspected of killing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis has resigned from the case.
Mario McNeill, 29, is charged with first-degree murder, first-degree rape and kidnapping.
He's accused of taking Shaniya from her mother's home in the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park on November 10.
Surveillance video captured images of McNeill carrying Shaniya into a Sanford hotel. Her body was found dumped just outside Sanford.
McNeill's attorney Allen Rogers says he's stepping aside because he feels the state defender office could provide more resources to work the case than he could.
Shaniya's mother, 25-year-old Antoinette Davis, is charged with human trafficking and child abuse involving prostitution in the case.
shaniya davis, local/state
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help