Disaster management firm bringing 430 jobs to RTP
RTP -- A Louisiana-based disaster management consultant is moving its headquarters to North Carolina in a move expected to bring 430 jobs in the next six years.
North Carolina Gov. Beverly Perdue's office announced Monday that Innovative Emergency Management Inc. will move its headquarters from Baton Rouge, La., to Durham County.
"As a technology hub with a vast military presence, the relocation of IEM to North Carolina is a perfect fit that will benefit both the company and the state," Perdue said. "This partnership is another step in creating the top-paying, knowledge-based jobs that I am committed to bringing to North Carolina."
In return, the company was promised state tax breaks of up to $9 million if it meets job and investment targets. Local governments are also expected to sweeten the deal for IEM.
"IEM has made the smart choice to call North Carolina its home," Congressman David Price said during Monday's announcement at the Research Triangle Park Foundation. "It's the right choice because hardly any other place in the country matches the highly educated workforce; the strong partnership for development among our leaders in government, private industry, and our institutions of higher learning; or the unparalleled quality of life that makes us proud to call the Triangle home."
research triangle park, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help