Purdue provost gets nod for NC State chancellor
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- University of North Carolina President Erskine Bowles has made his pick for the next chancellor of North Carolina State University, now it's up to the UNC Board of Governors to approve.
Bowles will nominate William "Randy" Woodson for the post. Woodson currently serves as executive vice president for academic affairs and provost at Purdue University in Indiana.
The candidate that I'm bringing forward has the knowledge, the experience, the expertise of people skills and the vision to lead North Carolina State in the future," Bowles told ABC11.
Woodson has been in the provost position at Purdue since May, 2008. Before that, he served as the school's dean of agriculture.
If approved, Woodson would replace Chancellor James Oblinger who resigned in June. Oblinger was embroiled in the controversy over the hiring of former Governor Mike Easley's wife Mary while he was still in office.
mike easley, local/state
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help