Missing 9-year-old boy found
WENDELL (WTVD) -- Authorities have found the missing 9-year-old boy that ran away from home Tuesday morning.
Officials say Jason Little ran away from his home on Cook Street around 11:24 a.m.
His father told ABC11 that his son had gotten into trouble at school and had been picked up by his mother.
"She went to use the bathroom and he was gone," he said.
Little was missing for about nine hours before he was reunited with his family around 9 p.m. at the Wendell Police Department.
"He was in good shape, considering and the time frame," Little's father said.
A firefighter spotted him on Highway 97 just north of Wendell Middle School.
Wendell police officers went door to door, distributing flyers, while firefighters rode through wooded areas in utility vehicles, using a heat-sensing gun, hoping to find Little.
Police say they were concerned, because the temperature was plummeting as the sun went down.
- Family of Danielle Locklear opens up
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash 58 min ago
- GOP: Teacher crisis started before McCrory
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets
- Couple charged after meth lab found in home 1 min ago
- Photos: Fire in Sea Isle City, NJ
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs for rust problem
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft