Duke players scheduled for court appearance
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Three Duke University football players were expected in court Tuesday on weapons charges
At about 3 a.m. Sunday, officials say Duke University Police heard gunfire coming from a vehicle near the Jarvis residence hall on Duke's East Campus.
Investigators say a gun was fired in the air and nobody was hurt.
Now, three students, Brandon Putnam, 19, Kyle Griswould, 18, and John Drew, 18, face charges of felony possession and discharge of a weapon.
They've all been dismissed from the football team. The university also said the trio will not be allowed to return to campus pending resolution of the charges.
duke football, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help