Five students injured in bus crash
EDGECOMBE COUNTY (WTVD) -- Five students were taken to the hospital for minor injuries after their school bus was involved in a wreck Friday morning. No other vehicles were involved.
Bus 283 was carrying about 20 students to South Edgecombe Middle school when it crashed. It happened around 7:20 a.m. on Highway 42 near Conetoe in Edgecombe County.
Edgecombe County Public Schools says the driver of the bus, Michelle Riggs, was substituting for the regular driver. Riggs was not injured.
The NC Highway Patrol and Edgecombe County Public Schools transportation department are investigating.
According to standard procedure, Edgecombe County Public Schools requires an immediate blood alcohol and drug test for the driver, which was conducted at the scene. The ECPS transportation department is evaluating the extent of the damage to the bus, which landed on its side.
edgecombe county, school bus accident, local/state
- Winter weather possible for some northern areas
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help