Thousands run in Krispy Kreme Challenge
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Guilt free donut consumption was to be had for thousands who participated in Raleigh's Krispy Kreme Challenge Saturday.
The famous event requires racers to run two miles, eat 12 donuts, and then run two miles back to the finish line.
About six thousand took part - eating some 72,000 glazed donuts and raising more than $40,000 for the North Carolina Children's Hospital.
The Krispy Kreme Challenge started as a dare among ten N.C. State students in 2004 and has been ranked in Sports Illustrated's "102 More Things You Gotta Do Before You Graduate" list.
- Two killed, several injured in Fayetteville crash
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- UNC-Chapel Hill to conduct emergency drill 37 min ago
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions 9 min ago
- Hearings begin for Duke Energy's 5 percent hike
- NC Senate takes up energy conservation rollback
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Wake County Schools names new superintendent
- Southern Pines officer remembered
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos