Thousands run in Krispy Kreme Challenge
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Guilt free donut consumption was to be had for thousands who participated in Raleigh's Krispy Kreme Challenge Saturday.
The famous event requires racers to run two miles, eat 12 donuts, and then run two miles back to the finish line.
About six thousand took part - eating some 72,000 glazed donuts and raising more than $40,000 for the North Carolina Children's Hospital.
The Krispy Kreme Challenge started as a dare among ten N.C. State students in 2004 and has been ranked in Sports Illustrated's "102 More Things You Gotta Do Before You Graduate" list.
- Police issue warning about Huerta vigil 20 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse 15 min ago
- Could Becoats' future be in jeopardy? 29 min ago
- Panthers 1 win from ending playoff drought 47 min ago
- Lawyer details new evidence in Ackerson murder 24 min ago
- Man charged with attempted murder, arson
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Man likely won't be tried for wife's murder
- Man shot, collapses at gas station
- Raleigh family gets new home for holidays
- Could Becoats' future be in jeopardy?
28 min ago
- Are movies making your kids fat?
38 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help