Spring Lake police back on Monday
SPRING LAKE (WTVD) -- Officers with the Spring Lake Police Department will resume road patrols Monday - months after they were stripped of their policing powers.
A formal announcement is scheduled for Friday.
Eight officers remain on the force under the guidance of new police chief Troy McDuffie. They have been re-trained and re-certified.
In early May, the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office took over patrols after two officers were arrested for corruption and then Police Chief AC Brown resigned.
spring lake police, local/state
- Suspect in Wake Forest kidnapping captured 40 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets 35 min ago
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- Wake sounds alarm on teacher shortage
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
35 min ago
- Alliance says Raleigh downtown has lot to...
38 min ago