Spring Lake police back on Monday
SPRING LAKE (WTVD) -- Officers with the Spring Lake Police Department will resume road patrols Monday - months after they were stripped of their policing powers.
A formal announcement is scheduled for Friday.
Eight officers remain on the force under the guidance of new police chief Troy McDuffie. They have been re-trained and re-certified.
In early May, the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office took over patrols after two officers were arrested for corruption and then Police Chief AC Brown resigned.
spring lake police, local/state
- Tractor trailer collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash 8 min ago
- Powerball jackpot closing in on another record
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- After nearly 30 years, Camp Lejeune coming clean
- Landing gear issue leads to plane's belly landing
- Rumor: Beyonce pregnant?
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Raleigh holds annual backyard chicken coops tour
- NC beach town celebrates 50th anniversary
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos