Man admits stabbing wife, infant son
ONSLOW COUNTY (WTVD) -- The Onslow County Sheriff's Office arrested a man they say admitted to stabbing his wife and infant son.
According to authorities, a man called 911 around 7:45 a.m. Thursday to report that an unidentified male was beating on his door and asking for help.
A Richland Police Department officer was dispatched to the residence. Upon his arrival, the officer recognized the man who was beating on the door as 23-year-old Jeff Lejune McElveen. McElveen was wanted for the stabbing of his wife and son at a home on Huffmantown Road the previous night.
The officer said McElveen had visible lacerations on his wrist and neck, so he was transported to Onslow Memorial Hospital for treatment. The hospital released McElveen into the custody of the sheriff's office.
During his interview with investigators, authorities say McElveen admitted that he was guilty of the stabbings and wished he could take everything back.
McElveen's wife, 21-year-old Lanay Jones, is being treated for her injuries. Her condition is not known. The couple's infant son suffered a minor laceration on his leg. According to the press release from the sheriff's office, Jones is a Marine.
McElvee is being held without bond.
onslow county, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash 42 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands 16 min ago
- Snow, ice, deep-freeze hit large swath of US 36 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Man trapped in empty dark plane cabin at Houston airport
- Billy Joel, 4 others receive Kennedy Center Honors
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help