Judge hears argument to move Carson trial
WINSTON SALEM (WTVD) -- Attorney for one of the suspects in the Eve Carson murder case wants their client's trial moved out of North Carolina.
Demario Atwater's lawyers argue their client can't get a fair trial in NC because of the intense media coverage the case has received so far. A judge will hear the argument in a Winston-Salem federal court this morning.
Attorneys would like case to be tried in Virginia.
Also charged in Carson's murder is Lawrence Lovette, Jr., who will be tried separately.
Carson was the UNC student body president at the time of her death. She was kidnapped and shot in a neighborhood near campus.
Last week UNC unveiled a garden to Carson on campus that will serve as a memorial to Carson and other UNC students who have died during their time at the university.
eve carson, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County 24 min ago
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash 59 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands 54 min ago
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help