Judge continues cases against Duke football players
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A judge has continued the cases against three Duke University freshman football players who are facing charges stemming from a January gun incident.
The men were scheduled to appear in court Thursday to face felony charges.
Eighteen-year-olds John Drew and Kyle Griswould of Midland, Ga.; and 19-year-old Brandon Putnam of Peachtree City, Ga., are charged with felony possession and discharge of a weapon.
The former players were arrested and charged in the incident that happened near Jarvis Resident Hall earlier this year. According to campus police, gunshots were fired into the air near the dorm.
The students were kicked off the football team following the incident and barred from campus until the charges are resolved.
durham county, duke football, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation 59 min ago
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title