Judge continues cases against Duke football players
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A judge has continued the cases against three Duke University freshman football players who are facing charges stemming from a January gun incident.
The men were scheduled to appear in court Thursday to face felony charges.
Eighteen-year-olds John Drew and Kyle Griswould of Midland, Ga.; and 19-year-old Brandon Putnam of Peachtree City, Ga., are charged with felony possession and discharge of a weapon.
The former players were arrested and charged in the incident that happened near Jarvis Resident Hall earlier this year. According to campus police, gunshots were fired into the air near the dorm.
The students were kicked off the football team following the incident and barred from campus until the charges are resolved.
durham county, duke football, local/state
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- New bill aims to curb overzealous photoshopping 2 min ago
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 31 min ago
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter