Elementary student brings loaded gun to class
LUMBERTON -- An 8-year-old student has been suspended for taking a loaded handgun to his elementary school earlier this week.
Robeson County schools spokesman Al Kahn told the Fayetteville Observer the boy took the gun to Rosenwald Elementary School Tuesday. Another student allegedly saw the handgun in the child's backpack and told a teacher.
The boy was punished with a 10-day suspension. He told school officials a grandparent gave him the handgun for hunting.
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help