Elementary student brings loaded gun to class
LUMBERTON -- An 8-year-old student has been suspended for taking a loaded handgun to his elementary school earlier this week.
Robeson County schools spokesman Al Kahn told the Fayetteville Observer the boy took the gun to Rosenwald Elementary School Tuesday. Another student allegedly saw the handgun in the child's backpack and told a teacher.
The boy was punished with a 10-day suspension. He told school officials a grandparent gave him the handgun for hunting.
- Police investigate apparent murder-suicide
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recover 27 min ago
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- NC State tops Clemson 6-3 in ACC tournament
- NC House bill opens renegotiation on Dix property
- NC terror suspect killed in overseas drone strike
- Acquaintance describes Abaroa after wife's death
- Stay safe from summer's deadly storms
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial
- Rabies alert in Cary